We are nearly two weeks into the new year, and I’ve struggled to try to write a clever and funny post regarding 2018. It was a roller coaster of a year, and I couldn’t quite pull it off. Instead, I thought I’d share this. This is my journey through 2018:
- By design, I spent a lot of time alone
- I made myself more available for those I love
- I recaptured my love of learning
- Tasted wines that I only dreamed of tasting before⠀
- Regained my sense of gratitude
- I recaptured “please” and “thank you,” even to strangers
- I silently bid adieu to relationships that no longer nourish my spirit
- I began to smile at strangers and rejoiced in their reactions
- I restored broken relationships with old friends
This year I plan to wine more, read more, study more, travel more, and enjoy more. Mostly wine more.
- Forgave those who gave me bad advice once I realized that they didn’t know that the advice was flawed
- Found it easier to say “I Love You”
- I read more books than I did the year before
- Talked less, listened more. Although there are, undoubtedly, those who would disagree
- Trusted myself more. (Thanks Rod!)
- Laughed myself to tears, but sometimes wept in pain
- Lost friends to death
- Finally learned about handling finances.
- Paid off bills
- Learned to see joy through others’ eyes
- Immersed myself fully in my dreams, all the while embracing the uncertainty that comes with the journey⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- I lived well and did so on my own terms
In 2019, I hope to repeat the list with the bad stuff left out. This year I plan to wine more, read more, study more, travel more, and enjoy more. Mostly wine more.
Enjoy the video of the wines that I had through 2018 – there are at least a dozen missing – and stay safe and happy in this new year. I wish that we all can learn to live abundantly and appreciate our gift of life.
And now I can get back to work. I have reviews halfway written, posts almost completed, scripts for videos ready to film, and plans that have to be fleshed out. It’s going to be a busy year!
Vegas Food & Wine Festival was targeted for those folks who'd rather not sp...
I'm expecting my new computer to arrive late this week, and hope to have ev...
And now, I fully understand the importance of preserving culture and honori...
To all of our friends - be safe and blessed this holiday season.