We are nearly two weeks into the new year, and I’ve struggled to try to write a clever and funny post regarding 2018. It was a roller coaster of a year, and I couldn’t quite pull it off. Instead, I thought I’d share this. This is my journey through 2018:
- By design, I spent a lot of time alone
- I made myself more available for those I love
- I recaptured my love of learning
- Tasted wines that I only dreamed of tasting before⠀
- Regained my sense of gratitude
- I recaptured “please” and “thank you,” even to strangers
- I silently bid adieu to relationships that no longer nourish my spirit
- I began to smile at strangers and rejoiced in their reactions
- I restored broken relationships with old friends
This year I plan to wine more, read more, study more, travel more, and enjoy more. Mostly wine more.
- Forgave those who gave me bad advice once I realized that they didn’t know that the advice was flawed
- Found it easier to say “I Love You”
- I read more books than I did the year before
- Talked less, listened more. Although there are, undoubtedly, those who would disagree
- Trusted myself more. (Thanks Rod!)
- Laughed myself to tears, but sometimes wept in pain
- Lost friends to death
- Finally learned about handling finances.
- Paid off bills
- Learned to see joy through others’ eyes
- Immersed myself fully in my dreams, all the while embracing the uncertainty that comes with the journey⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- I lived well and did so on my own terms
In 2019, I hope to repeat the list with the bad stuff left out. This year I plan to wine more, read more, study more, travel more, and enjoy more. Mostly wine more.
Enjoy the video of the wines that I had through 2018 – there are at least a dozen missing – and stay safe and happy in this new year. I wish that we all can learn to live abundantly and appreciate our gift of life.
And now I can get back to work. I have reviews halfway written, posts almost completed, scripts for videos ready to film, and plans that have to be fleshed out. It’s going to be a busy year!
For instance, we like to "pair" our dancing with the proper music. Waltzin...
We got our flight and sat down at the lovely deck overlooking the scenery. ...
Nebbiolo has always been Italy’s wine. No matter what, it seemed as if the ...
I try to do this every year as long as my schedule has me in town, because ...